All That Glitters

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Journey's First Step

Okay.  I decided.  I'm starting this blog tonight.  Doing anything involves two parts: to make up your mind to do something and to, then, do it.  I've already made up my mind.  And I am, now, doing it.  


Before I, actually, begin, allow me to introduce myself.  I am Dani Y.  I am a newly married, newly 30 year old woman.   I am 5 feet 1.5 inches tall, 5 feet 2 inches on a good day.  My husband and I live in Texas with our three dogs: Sadie, Lucie and Louis.  I moved here almost 4 years ago and lost everything, only to find myself and my way.  Somewhere in my later 20s I came up with a bucket list of what I wanted to do with myself.  Things on that list include getting myself together financially and spiritually, getting my Pharm D, and getting fit and healthy.  My fit and healthy goal evolved into an extreme monster of becoming a figure competitor.  


I met a woman in the gym one Saturday, Deb Z.  Z had the most perfect butt of anyone I had ever seen my entire life.  Being unafraid to talk to almost anyone, I approached her and gave her kudos for the superb asset.  In asking for her secrets and best practices, I learned that she is a personal trainer and in that moment she became my personal trainer.  I haven't seen Z in a couple of months, trying to take care of a few finances, but I will be back to her soon enough.  We still talk several times a week and I have been way off course.  Two days ago, Z gave me a time limit and that's when I decided I had to begin my blog.  This is my journey.  I'm not sure if anyone, other than those closest to me and Z, will follow along on my journey, but this is for me.  Not anyone else.  That's what Louise said.  She's pretty smart about those things.  She's the logical one. The others involved will experience this with me and won't have to read the blog.  They will walk along side me.  The Man, a.k.a. Husband, is the only one, aside from me, who will really have to suffer.  From what I understand, carb cutting and weight cutting and supplementing causes some extreme emotions.  I am told that I will be cranky and sex may suffer.  Well.  I decided to do it and it is something that I really want to do.


I've been heavy my entire life.  I have been smaller than I am now, but I have never been in super great shape.  That's what I want now.  I want to be in super great shape and have everything that comes with it, including a flat stomach, shapely thighs, firm butt, toned arms and tapered back.  That is my dream.  Along with, of course, a few other things on a list that I created for myself 3 years ago.  


This will be my journey.  It will tell my story.  These will be my triumphs and tribulations.  There will be road blocks and obstacles.  And I will tell it here.  I'm doing this for me.  I'm chronicling my road from fat to fit and from street to stage.  This is my battle.  This will be my struggle.  I have been fat my whole adult life.  My time is now and competing in a physique and figure competition will be something new and outside of my comfort zone.  I have dreams of being on a stage in a sparkly bikini.  What I know about myself is that I have to take this one day at a time.


You may ask me the same questions that other people ask me.  Why?  Why do I want to get fit?  Why do I want to lose weight?  Why do I want to do it?  And why is my goal so lofty?  Well, to be healthy, of course.  There are other reasons.  Vanity.  I, finally, landed the man of my dreams and I always want him to be attracted to me.  And to be better than those that shall remain nameless.  I want to and I'm going to.  And this is my journey.


This will, more than likely, be my longest post.  It is my first.  In my next post, I will have my weight and measurements.  Mom will take those for me and I will post them on Sunday.  Photos will follow as soon as I get them.  And the reason that I start now, besides the fact that Z gave me a 7 month deadline and the goal of losing 8 pounds a month, is that... I HAD TO PUT ON MY FAT PANTS!  It is time to get started.  My journey is starting and this is my first step.  OUT OF MY FAT PANTS AND INTO A SPARKLY BIKINI!


Dani Y


P.S. This is my first post.  I have some work to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment